Content marketing strategy involves creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract and engage a target audience. The objective of a good content marketing strategy is to drive profitable customer interaction.
What Is Content?
Content could be any of the following:
- Blog post
- Image or group of images
Content marketing tells your story to your audience through the use of different mediums, to a target audience. A content marketing strategy is the plan behind the story that you’d like to share with your audience. It details what will be done and when.
What is a target audience?
This is simply the customers you would like to reach with your service or product. Who is your ideal customer? What is their gender, location, interests and habits? Once you have a clearly defined customer, the content marketing strategy can be created specifically to speak to their needs, wants and desires.
What content marketing does not do
It is not a hard, pushy sell of your own products and services. Customers are bombarded with advertising at every turn, and have largely begun to tune it out. A content marketing strategy is rather designed to offer something of value and relevance that builds trust in your business. Once customers trust you, they’ll want to do business with you.
Benefits of a Content Marketing Strategy
- Establishes you as a leader in your field or industry. When you have built a reputation as an expert, customers will want to do business with you.
- Attracts new leads. You can attract new customers with great content.
- Increases your followers on social media. Distributing your content on social media allows new followers to see your content and potentially become customers.
- Improves your search engine optimisation. Search engines are the primary way potential customers find your business. Creating content is the best way to improve your visibility with search engines.
- Cheaper than traditional marketing. Even if you hire a professional to do it for you, it is significantly cheaper than television, radio and print ads.
- Improves the awareness of your brand. Your target audience will get to know who you are, what you do and what you stand for.
Write My Website helps businesses to identify their audience, develop a content marketing strategy, create content, distribute content and measure the performance of their content.
Want to know more about Content Marketing? Read our blogs on this subject here.